Monday 17 December 2012

examples of magazine covers

examples of magazine covers


This image is the unedited cover photograph that I took of two classmates for my student magazine, I thought that it was a bit dull and boring but I was a bit lost when it came to ways of improving the cover photo. From researching other student magazines such as TNS Magazine I noticed that they used bright, contrasting colour schemes to bring the cover photo to life, they also used fairly bright photographs so I planned to edit the quality of my photograph and make it brighter.

TNS Magazine

I decided to make my student magazine a seasonal, Christmas themed, magazine. This meant that initially I would use "Christmassy" colours, e.g. red, gold and green. It also meant that my features and articles would be based around things that were seasonal. I thought that this would be appropriate because the Christmas season is relatable to most people and students would want to know what events were occuring throughout the festive season.

No comments:

Post a Comment