Monday 15 April 2013

contents page research

Contents Page Research
 
To give me better ideas and inspiration for how to construct my music magazine's contents page I conducted some research into the contents pages of already existing music magazines who are acceptant of the grunge rock genre.
I focused mainly on the layout of Kerrang! Magazine's contents pages because I found them visually interesting and appealing, I liked how everything was easy to understand and the way that your eye is drawn to the major aspects within the contents page such as the features and posters.
I noticed that the codes and conventions within many of the rock magazines where to stylise their covers, articles and contents pages roughly and bodly, perhaps to reflect the ideology and stereotype that the rock genre as a whole is quite rough and rock'n'roll. One of the most obvious colour schemes that where frequently used in rock magazine covers and contents pages is red, black and yellow. I decided to try and use this colour scheme in my own magazine because it is successful within other rock magazines and is bold and interesting to look at.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment